Got me some new secondhand pistols
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 pm
    ----
Just want to brag.

I recently acquired a FWB Model #2 CO2 0.177 air and an Uberti Mod 1845 0.36 BP.

Can't wait till Sunday to give them a go.

#2: Re: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:29 pm
    ----
the2nd sounds interesting.

#3: Re: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:58 am
    ----
Great job mate. What disciplines do you plan on shooting?

#4: Re: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:09 am
    ----
once you go black...

this Uberti Model 1845, is it a pistol or a revolver? I find this BP revolvers somewhat messy and dangerous and I prefer the single shot frontloading pistol in BP.

And FWB makes very nice and accurate things. Are you familiar with Field Target? Mostly airrifles of 12 fpe are used, but I think there is a F.T.-pistol thing also. F.T. gives more fun than making holes in paper...
And tip: are the czech SJB-pellets available down there? Then try them when you want to shoot at larger distances (more than 10 m).

#5: Re: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:01 pm
    ----
@Aloys the Model 1845 is a revolver.
personally I think it is model 1847 but the registration paper say 1845.
Yeah BP is really messy.

@Vince, not sure what discipline as yet, but I will try them all anyway.

#6: Re: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:36 am
    ----
Don't forget to clean him afterwards and please do pay attention on the (blade) spring inside the grip. Such springsteel likes to corrode even faster than the rest of the gun and when it breaks...

a single shot frontloading pistol is more accurate (most of the time) and easier to clean. And you can shoot everything you can get down the barrel, even shot.

Just to give you enough reasons to add another gun to your collection Smile

#7: Re: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:39 pm
    ----
Thanks mate, noted.

#8: Re: Got me some new secondhand pistols Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:19 am
    ----
I like a story with a happy ending. There always seems to be room to add a few more guns. All the best...
Gil

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions