On line ammo purchase
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: On line ammo purchase Author: robertaguirre PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:45 pm
    ----
I saw a listing for a thousand rounds of CCI 9mm on one of the auctions, I thought who in their right mind would pay the entry price of $600 ! Long story short, with shipping that lot sold for——hold on to your wallet—-sold for $950.00 (almost $50 bucks a box !!.. Three months ago I bought a 500 rd box of Win 9mm from Midway for $89.

#2: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 pm
    ----
New shooters who buy their first gun, then hear about ammo shortages and just buy whatever they can. Either that or some people have stupid amounts of $$$.

A neighbor to my dad, played professional baseball now has more businesses than I could count, just put $16k down on a new bolt action hunting rifle. My dad was showing me pictures of it yesterday.

Crazy.... if I had an extra 16k laying around I'd be doing some major truck repairs (I need a transmission... she's starting to act funny when towing).

-DallanC

#3: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: 5stringLocation: Southland, New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:54 pm
    ----
People over in the US must be sitting on some truly impressive stashes of ammo.

Floor to ceiling, concrete cracking, apocalyptic stashes.

#4: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 pm
    ----
yip 16k is a big hunk or mortgage gone...

#5: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:03 am
    ----
Tell me 5string...What (in your opinion) is an "impressive stashes of ammo"?

Never realized you could have too much ammunition.

#6: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:47 am
    ----
Welcome to the Forum. Glad to see you here. Panic buying is never a good thing, but people are scared. This too will pass. The future belongs to those who prepare for it. Some of us saw this ammo crunch coming and took steps to deal with it. All the best...
Gil

#7: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:33 pm
    ----
A neighbor once told me she thought 100 rounds of ammunition was "alot". I told her 22lr comes 500 per box, and people buy cases of those. She about fainted.

-DallanC

#8: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:21 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

I agree Bushy...too much is when you run out of storage room...that means it’s time to increase storage space.

My holdings are meagre compared to most. I have a reasonable stock of .22 rimfire ammo and components to load a goodly supply of centrefire calibres.

#9: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: 5stringLocation: Southland, New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:31 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

I think about 50k plus of all calibers. Very Happy

#10: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:31 pm
    ----
Yer gittin' close...

#11: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: 5stringLocation: Southland, New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:48 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Yer gittin' close...

Under, I bet.

#12: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:14 am
    ----
Let's just say that every time Mother pulls out a drawer, opens a closet or lifts a lid on a chest she is confronted with shinny brass, lead and copper in clear (I like "cocktail" peanuts) containers or stacks of 20 round boxes.

#13: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:18 am
    ----
And none of this takes into account the number of rounds we can all reload. Smile

I have a couple dozen cans of powder, bricks of primers... And who knows how many "bullets" I have I could reload... not long ago I visited the awesome store Loke works at and picked up another 1000 .223 bullets they had on sale.

Brass... its crazy but brass is the bottleneck. I love Lake City brass, and you would think there would be an endless and cheap supply from the military but wow, its expensive when you can find it.

-DallanC

#14: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:33 pm
    ----
Here in the ultra restricted UK, I have a couple of thousand rounds across all calibres, which, apart from shotgun shells, is pretty close to the maximum I'm allowed (never have worked out the "logic" in that law Scratch ).
Then there's several thousand primers, bullets & brass cases, plus enough powder to load them all a couple of times.
It's "sufficient" but a long way from "enough".

#15: Re: On line ammo purchase Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:43 pm
    ----
Yup...Enough components to reload them again.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions