And yet another COVID lockdown
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:20 pm
    ----
And we are all in lockdown yet again because of COVID clusters in Brisbane and surrounding areas...some as far as 520km away. Damn I’m sick of this bloody Chinese Virus!!!

I’ll just about bet my twins that the Chinese meat markets are still operating and they are consuming anything that moves...rats, bats, mice, dogs, cats, monkeys and anything else!!!

#2: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:16 am
    ----
well you just stay safe mate...enjoy walks with your good lady ,down centre of the street,I carried my manuka quarterstaff with me to enforce social distancing.....didnt have to use it...LOL.

#3: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:39 am
    ----
Elvis...Sprinkle a bit of skunk oil on your clothes. I garantee no one will get close to you. You won't even have to get physical that way.

#4: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:15 am
    ----
Last Thursday I got my first Pfizer injection and I'm still not glowing in the dark nor barking with my dogs... so with a little bit of luck the Chinese will not get me Smile
what doesn't kill you will make you stronger...

#5: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:17 pm
    ----
Regina Sask is in full lockdown as is the area within 50 miles 80 kms of Regina including Moose Jaw to the west. Toronto and area are about to do the very same thing. Gong show!

#6: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:39 pm
    ----
Vince,
As frustrating as these lockdowns are, welcome to the new normal until we can vaccinate the entire population.
The only good news in all this is we downunder arent having a 3rd or 4th wave and the death toll that goes with it.
So smile mate, you are ex military and fully up to speed on embuggerence and how to deal with them.
On a different note did you watch the 100 years parade for the RAAF?
Apart from the fly bys the most notable thing about it was the number of officers on it out numbered the number of other ranks, with a 3 star actually on parade. Never saw that in my 23 years....

#7: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 pm
    ----
I just got an update from the Washington State health department. There were 102 cases of covid found in people who had been vaccinated with both injections of the mRNA 'vaccine' more than the two week period. 8 people were hospitalized and 2 others died.
So, after getting the treatment that is supposed to keep them safe, in this 102 person sample 2% died and 8% were hospitalized with the remaining 90% having mild to moderate symptoms.
That sounds like it's worse than those who got it without any vaccine. WTH?

#8: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:53 pm
    ----
Looks like COVID has solved the Flu season. I haven't seen one case of flu reported so far.

#9: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:00 am
    ----
It is out there still.
Its just not getting passed around as usual.

#10: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:56 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
It is out there still.
Its just not getting passed around as usual.

Yes mate, and I think it will always be there now...the new normal. I suppose they will eventually get it under control with vaccines, but they will never eradicate it entirely.

I missed the Air Force parade mate. I suppose that considering the roles within the AF that the number of OFFR compared to OR would be similar, even given the number of support staff required to support the aircraft.

A 3 Star...I wonder how they shoehorned him out of his comfy shiny ars3 chair Scratch Scratch ?

#11: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 pm
    ----
Covid sux..
I just lost a friend in Bali that caught Covid a few days ago

be safe guys.

#12: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:33 pm
    ----
Vince,
My last entry, I was actually refering to influenza, because of the lockdowns, masks, hand sanitizing and social distancing and the removal of the go to work if I have the plague martyr influenza isnt getting its usual grip in society. It will be interesting to see the figures after the comming flu season.
Either way you or I dont need covid or influenza.

#13: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:54 pm
    ----
Gelan, I’m really sorry to hear of the loss of your mate in Bali. That’s terrible mate.

dhc4ever wrote:
Vince,
My last entry, I was actually refering to influenza, because of the lockdowns, masks, hand sanitizing and social distancing and the removal of the go to work if I have the plague martyr influenza isnt getting its usual grip in society. It will be interesting to see the figures after the comming flu season.
Either way you or I dont need covid or influenza.

Yep, flu season is going to be “interesting” given the focus on COVID. You can bet your left agate that there will be little of no flu this coming season...it will ALL be called COVID...but that won’t stop the infection rate mate.

#14: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:23 am
    ----
Ontario went into a full lockdown at midnight today fpr 30 days. Only allowed out for food, essentials - beer/liqour. I have enough here for 10 days.

The outdoor ranges are open with a max of 5 per range.

The big box stores are open for food and drugs only - no clothing etc, and the hardware/Home Depots etc are curbside pick up only, no in store shopping.

#15: Re: And yet another COVID lockdown Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:42 pm
    ----
Ya-all live in crazy places.

Our statewide mask mandate ends Saturday. Private businesses of course can require masks, as can county and cities... but the statewide mandate here is ending. I'm happy for that.

I think our average for new cases is around 400 a day, but we've been down into the 200's a few times recently. Definitely a continual downward trend.

-DallanC

-> Spam-O-Rama