Everybody frozen up?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> General

#46: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:24 pm
    ----
tikkat3 wrote:
Just a shout out to Vince & Pete (dhc4ever)
Hope you are high and dry
I'm on an island now with all roads underwater

Im high enough to be ok, the next door neigbour on the downhill side us packing and moving stuff to higher ground.
The next door neighbour on the uphill side just lit his webber may be 8 meters of verticle difference.
This is day 3 of continous heavy rain, (seems Bill Crosby was right) I can still make the shops 5 k away by taking a 5 km detour . If this keeps up another day I will be an island and i dont own a boat. Lots of other people a lot wetter than me with inudated or submerged houses.
So im ok, cant go anywhere.
Girl friend has been trapped at work since Thursday, says she might be able to get home Tuesday if the rain stops. (She works out at Laidley).

Over to you Vince.

#47: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:50 pm
    ----
Good to hear Pete, hope Vince is OK
I'm high and dry, just won't be able to go anywhere for a while

#48: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:54 pm
    ----
Good to hear all is as well as can be expected guys. We had about 2.5 feet of water on the road out the front of my place that came about halfway up the driveway. We had a river about 6 inches deep flowing down one side of the house, but apart from that, all is well. We are able to get to shops ok, but feeder roads into our area are cut, with one suffering a land slip that has apparently damaged the foundations of the road as well.

#49: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 pm
    ----
Vince, I've got some kayaks that aren't busy at the moment.

#50: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:05 pm
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Vince, I've got some kayaks that aren't busy at the moment.

Thanks mate...they would have come in very handy yesterday. It would have been fun, but lethal, to ride the stormwater drain. I seriously doubt it was surviveable though.

#51: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 am
    ----
It sure is "the land of plenty" !

#52: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:05 pm
    ----
Yep plenty of drought, fixed by plenty of floods

#53: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:05 pm
    ----
What ya got? 37 more days of rain?

#54: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:21 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

Well, it's been nearly two weeks now, so that brings it down to 26 days. Hey dhc4ever...what are ya like at measuring in cubits and wood joinery mate? I reckon between you, tiks and me we could knock together some sort of an ark.

All up, we had 1215mm (47.84 inches) of rain in our area...measured by a couple of rain gauges. Shocked Shocked Confused wtf wtf That is more than a years worth of rain in around two weeks. It certainly got a tad damp here. Razz Razz

#55: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:36 pm
    ----
Well don't forget the Unicorns like ya did last time.

#56: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:16 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Well don't forget the Unicorns like ya did last time.

Too late for them buggers now mate…they are long gone.

#57: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:36 pm
    ----
Yikes, stay dry Vince.
And all Eastern Ozzians.

#58: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:11 pm
    ----
Yep, it’s almost getting to this point mate.

#59: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:47 pm
    ----
oh well,at least your house stayed dry....wont need to water the lawns for a week or two.

#60: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:52 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:

Well, it's been nearly two weeks now, so that brings it down to 26 days. Hey dhc4ever...what are ya like at measuring in cubits and wood joinery mate? I reckon between you, tiks and me we could knock together some sort of an ark.

All up, we had 1215mm (47.84 inches) of rain in our area...measured by a couple of rain gauges. Shocked Shocked Confused wtf wtf That is more than a years worth of rain in around two weeks. It certainly got a tad damp here. Razz Razz

Cubits, isnt that akin to what the americans use?
I recon we just use metric, that would give us enough room for Bushys unicorns.
Yesterday's thunders storms kicked off minor flash flooding and took out power again for another 5 hours. 3.5 days without mains power during the deluge, Energex really needs to move their infrastructure ABOVE the flood level.
Thank god for generators.
Now working feverishly on my mower deck, the grass is up to my arse and climbing, should have that ready to go by waist height and the run off has dryed out enough to mow.

-> General