Everybody frozen up?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:32 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Meanwhile in OZ, todays lucky dip in Brisbane, 37 deg C (99f) and around 75% humidity so no, no a dry heat.

Too hot mate…and I have a funeral to attend as a Piper tomorrow morning at Mt Gravatt. Confused Methinks I’ll be a lather of sweat in about 37 seconds. I think I’ll discard my woollen jacket and play in just shirt sleeves or with a vest.

#32: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:06 pm
    ----
Shirt and tie should do it mate.
This stage of life has too many funerals.

#33: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:48 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Shirt and tie should do it mate.
This stage of life has too many funerals.

All good with just the vest mate...but I was wrong about sweating in 37 seconds...it was closer to 9 seconds.

You're right about too many funerals mate, but that seems to happen the older we get.

#34: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:08 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Meanwhile in OZ, todays lucky dip in Brisbane, 37 deg C (99f) and around 75% humidity so no, no a dry heat.

And the over night temp got down to 25C (77F)
Which can be mild for this time of year

#35: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 am
    ----
Woke up to a half inch of sleet.

#36: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:21 am
    ----
was talking with a neighbor this morning as the next winter storm descends on us tonight. He said we were lucky that we were only forecast to get a 1/10 of an inch of freezing rain and ice. I asked him, which was slipperier, a sheet of ice a 1/10 of an inch of thick or 1 inch thick.

#37: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:06 am
    ----
Not sure about that, but I had to put on my cleats to climb the ridge to feed my horse.

#38: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:38 pm
    ----
tikkat3 wrote:
dhc4ever wrote:

And the over night temp got down to 25C (77F)
Which can be mild for this time of year

Yep, it was quite pleasant…only had two fans on me over night…both on medium blow…oh, and not even a sheet over me.

#39: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:32 pm
    ----
Try sleeping without the Mickey Mouse jammies ... you won't need both fans. Smile

#40: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:55 pm
    ----
Vince? You got Mickey Mouse jammies? WOW!!

#41: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:05 pm
    ----
Oh, thats cruel.
Thats a mental image I could really have done without..

#42: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:30 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Vince? You got Mickey Mouse jammies? WOW!!

Mickey Mouse jammie’s Shocked Shocked …not a chance in creation…just a pair of black satin boxers…that’s all I ever wear to bed, too hot otherwise.

Now maybe a Superman onesie, or a Hulk onesie is a thought, but only for winter when it gets a little nippy. Laughing Laughing Cool

#43: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:40 am
    ----
Speaking of Mickey Mouse... The kids invited me to go to Disney in FL with them last week. It was 17° when we left daughter's house. It was 85° at Disney Friday and 20° when we got back to her place on Sat evening.

Disney was fun but brutally expensive. $20 lunches. I paid about $100 for supper (just mine) one night! Food was good though!

#44: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:57 pm
    ----
Wow! Glad you had fun ... and enjoyed the warmth.

#45: Re: Everybody frozen up? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:24 pm
    ----
Just a shout out to Vince & Pete (dhc4ever)
Hope you are high and dry
I'm on an island now with all roads underwater

-> General