Hunting shows
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Hunting shows Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:54 pm
    ----
On Saturday mornings I often run the channels looking for decent hunting shows. Sometimes I get lucky and find a great program. Too often, the host and hunters seem to yak their heads off to the point of distraction. Am I just being too critical, or do you see a lot of blah, blah, blah... in hunting shows? All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Hunting shows Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:05 pm
    ----
Gil Martin,

That is also the case with Fishing shows. I was just watching one on the "World Fishing Network" ... Talked more about bird watching then fishing wtf

Dimitri

#3: Re: Hunting shows Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:22 pm
    ----
Hey Gil, I'm with you on the hunting shows. Really can't stand most of them anymore. Either they try to pretend none of us ever hunted before or there're just plain full of crap. Really don't watch them anymore.
Oh wait one moment. If "Get Wild with Cindy" ever comes back on, I'll watch it. Don't really know why, just will. Very Happy Very Happy --tr

#4: Re: Hunting shows Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:48 pm
    ----
Yes...Moose2. Hunting through the woods for Cindys is stimulating. Does your state require a license?

Most of them are trying to sell you something and forgetting you are there to be entertained. I watch very few of them.

#5: Re: Hunting shows Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:56 pm
    ----
Never had a problem watching Cindy's show. All the best...
Gil

#6: Re: Hunting shows Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:41 pm
    ----
[quote="Bushmaster"]Yes...Moose2. Hunting through the woods for Cindys is stimulating. Does your state require a license?

No Bushy no licence required. Why, does your state require one?-tr

#7: Re: Hunting shows Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:16 am
    ----
Not my state, but yes. California is in your back pocket for everything you can posibly think of including trying to tax the internet.

#8: Re: Hunting shows Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:14 am
    ----
Cindys....Cindys......can't say I'm familiar with that critter. What does it look like?

We don't get any hunting shows over here in Oz....maybe there is something on cable, but I don't subscribe to that....too damn expensive. The closest we come is wildlife documentaries. One of the better ones to come out of the US is put together by a guy (can't remember his name) that looks a bit like our mate Wildwalker. Wish we had some hunting shows...would be good.

Now fishing shows are a different thing over here. It is all fishing, fishing and more fishing, all done "on site", not in the studio. Plenty of tips and "how to's"....very little gibbering, unless its to do with what the fisherman is doing at the moment. They are great.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: Hunting shows Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:22 am
    ----
Vince,

I've seen one of the fishing shows from Australia, I think his name is "Rex Hunt" ever heard of him ?? Confused

Dimitri

#10: Re: Hunting shows Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:27 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Vince,

I've seen one of the fishing shows from Australia, I think his name is "Rex Hunt" ever heard of him ?? Confused

Dimitri

Sure have mate. He is a real fishing guru. In fact his show is one of the better ones. He fishes both salt and fresh water and also fishes the sort of areas that anyone can. Good value.

Cheers, Vince

#11: Re: Hunting shows Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:28 am
    ----
Neat Vince,

Its on the TV here. I watch that sometimes its interesting to see some of the unique fish down there Smile

Dimitri

#12: Re: Hunting shows Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:16 pm
    ----
Vince,
If you ever saw Cindy's show, I am confident that you would remember her. All the best...
Gil

#13: Re: Hunting shows Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:07 pm
    ----
Well what do you know a Google Search on "Get Wild with Cindy" says that ESPN will have her on July to December of this year. Smile

sports.espn.go.com/out...c_get_wild

Dimitri

#14: Re: Hunting shows Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:58 pm
    ----
Tred Barta... ugh... biggest fruitcake to ever have a show series. Still its impressive all the stuff hes taken with a long bow. The Grizzly at 15 yards was interesting... as was the mallard duck he shot out of the air.

I like hunting shows but too many are "canned" high fence hunts. I want to see mroe shows about the "average joe", with reallife situations like taking a dump in the woods and a deer runs past... the kinds of things we all can relate too Very Happy

I've watched a few of the "Get Wild with Cindy" stuff and its surprisingly interesting. She works hard at her hunts and man she can handle those big bore rifles. The one where she shot the water buffalo with the .416 double ... wow!

Whos that blackhaired lady who hunts critters with the scoped bigbore pistol? I've seen a few of those and they look interesting but seem to be filmed on some deer farms.

-DallanC

#15: Re: Hunting shows Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:37 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Yes...Moose2. Hunting through the woods for Cindys is stimulating. Does your state require a license?

OK, so this is a Cindy. Very Happy Very Happy

Not really sure that I have seen any of these in the wild. Would be interesting though should I ever encounter one.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

-> General