Visit to a pawn shop
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Visit to a pawn shop Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:19 am
    ----
Yesterday marked my first visit to a pawn shop. I was in Harve de Grace, MD visiting friends, looking for duck decoys and drinking beer. I saw a pawn shop and went inside to look around. They had a motley collection of assorted guns and nothing remarkable. I did ask the shop owner the price of a S&W Model 10 2-inch .38 Special. It was twice the price that I recently paid in a favorite gun shop. One visit is not a large sampling, but I doubt that I will visit any more pawn shops in the near future. Take care...
Joe

P.S. I did get a very nice decoy at a reasonable price.

#2: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:29 pm
    ----
Mr Boleo

some pawn shops have very good prices and some have really good sales
keep an eye open and at times you can a find good deal on all kinds of equipment.
I bought some Cabella snow shoes for 25 dollars and they had only been worn once, they are are 115 dollars new. Also I got a Mossberg pump 12g and a 45 pound bow and my total bill came up to 125 dollars.
just got a holster for my 40cal pistol for 5 dollars.
nothing beats new but sometimes you can find really good deals. good luck

regards
keetoowah

#3: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:38 pm
    ----
It always pays to compare when you're shopping Joe, but over the years I've found some pretty good expertise at pawn shops as well. But again, I've found some with no firearms knowledge at all, just another item they have for sale type of attitude. My first two ever firearms purchases were at a local pawnshop in my hometown and I knew the guy well, so that was ok, but I've seen some firearms in pawnshops in Winnipeg and after talking to the staff I wouldn't buy a toy gun from them.

#4: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:46 pm
    ----
Joe,
I would check out a few more pawn shops. Like everything else there are good ones and not so good ones. All the best...
Gil

#5: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: Big Sky Scott PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:26 pm
    ----
keetoowah wrote:
Mr Boleo

some pawn shops have very good prices and some have really good sales
keep an eye open and at times you can a find good deal on all kinds of equipment.
I bought some Cabella snow shoes for 25 dollars and they had only been worn once, they are are 115 dollars new. Also I got a Mossberg pump 12g and a 45 pound bow and my total bill came up to 125 dollars.
just got a holster for my 40cal pistol for 5 dollars.
nothing beats new but sometimes you can find really good deals. good luck

regards
keetoowah

keetoowah ~

What part of Montana do you live in with such good pawn shop deals?
Where I live( S.W. MT.) most pawn shops are over charging for their stuff.

Scott

#6: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: squirrelbaitLocation: Nottingham, NH PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:08 pm
    ----
Keetoowah, don't know about the pawn shops but a got a good Marine Corp buddy who lives in Glendive and I really like your message closing line........about the snow bank. Very true.

#7: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:33 pm
    ----
live in NW Montana now.
Best deals that I mentioned before were in Bozeman when I first moved here. I lived there my first year
l Like Bozeman but of all of Montana that I've seen, and Ive covered the entire state now, pretty much this part (NW) is my favorite and the prettiest. I live not too far from the Glacier National Park
They have some very good deals here too.

here is my backyard.

www.nps.gov/archive/gl...cent06.htm

love that saying too. its so true of the spirit in the people here.

#8: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:13 am
    ----
Sorry darlin'

In Manitoba we'd handle it without having to pass over our beer.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#9: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:27 pm
    ----
well lover
you sure you're not from oklahoma with that attitude??
giggling. Very Happy

#10: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:37 pm
    ----
from the land of a lot of snow, lot of curvy roads and plenty of beer Cheers

#11: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:43 pm
    ----
tracker wrote:
from the land of a lot of snow, lot of curvy roads and plenty of beer Cheers

OMG you didnt say eh! after all of that???

more to life than beer...

ohhh did i hear guns fall??
did i hear all the men gasp at the same time?>?
men shuddering around the world....hahaha
laughing hard. ROFL
who stirred ya'll up before I got here?? Fencing
lolol

We'll see how you (Tracker) do on these mountain roads, you flat lander..hehehe
find some for you to practice on that dont have the thousands of feet drop or the loose rocks from the mountain goats over head.

#12: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
I was driving mining equipment up mud mountain roads with thousand foot drops on each side in the BC Rockies, so, um... Cool Cool yeah, bring it on.

Say what you want about beer, don't say a WORD about Scotch whiskey Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#13: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
Eh

#14: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:47 pm
    ----
Werd Very Happy ROFL Laughing

now thats funny. and thats why you're mine.

#15: Re: Visit to a pawn shop Author: SHOOTER458 PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:37 pm
    ----
Never have got a good buy on a firearm in a pawn shop. Remember, thes guys are there to make a buck, just like everyone else.

-> General