BINOCULARS
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#31: Re: BINOCULARS Author: watchmakerLocation: New York PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 am
    ----
THE BUSHNELL CUSTOM COMPACT
6X BY 25MM BINOCULARS

Hi guys,
This is for all the old timers that bought small binoculars in the 70’s.

This was the most popular and highly regarded binoculars in the decade of the seventies and beyond, five guys in my hunting club had them, I bought one in the middle seventies and another for my wife a couple of years later.

Mine had the center screw hinge attachment for the strap and my wife’s was a little more modern with the strap attachments on the side of the body.

In the pictures you can see my wife’s binocular with the optional rubber covering that was sold by Bushnell, it makes the binocular appear a little bigger, but it was a great noise reducer and helped with grasping the small binocular.
It will be a surprise to many to learn that the Custom Compact is still made today by Bushnell, in a slightly changed outside appearance, with a street price of about $220USD.
However they sell the 7x26, instead of the six powers. I consider the six power a better magnification for small binoculars as the exit pupil is 4.16 mm, a much better aperture for looking under low light conditions.

www.opticsplanet.net/b...20726.html

Hope you guys have enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
All the best

Watchmaker

#32: Re: BINOCULARS Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:35 pm
    ----
I picked up a pair of Redhead Pursuit Binoculars 10X42 mm from Bass Pro the other day, I wasn't looking for another set but I was checking them out and they seemed real clear and bright. One of the sales men came over and give me a good sales pitch. He said that Swarovski makes these for Bass Pro and puts their Redhead name on them. They use the low end $400. range swarovski glass in them and sell them at a lower price, for people to try out. I said Sure they do, but after looking through some Swarovski's in the store I bought the Redhead brand.. Hey for $79.00, and 100% water and fog proof, lifetime warranty I'll give em a try.

www.basspro.com/webapp...rchResults

#33: Re: BINOCULARS Author: ainsleyhunt PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:08 am
    ----
*spammer

#34: Re: BINOCULARS Author: Loke PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:44 am
    ----
More spam????

-> Big Game Hunting