American President
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: American President Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:46 am
    ----
President Bush was a bad president? How so? I didn't have to defend my right to own firearms for the last 8 years. In fact. Here in Missouri we were able to get rid of a few restraining gun laws. And I was able to qualify and receive my CCW...I believe he acted in the right manor when dealing with the terrorists in going after them where ever they hid or operated from. My only two complaints about his 8 years would be that after lowering taxes he couldn't stop spending. And I disagree with the "Patriot Act". Of course he couldn't have spent all that money without congress allowing it to happen (it was called "pork barrel spending" when I was growing up. Now they call it someting else) and the "Patriot Act" wouldn't have come about without congress passing that too.

All in all I'm not so sure anyone else could have done any better under the circumstances of the past 7 years.

Ron Paul...Now if you want to pull ALL of our troops home from all over the world and become an island again. Waste your vote on him and insure that a democrat is elected. I'm sure that cliton or osama will be very happy that you voted for a looser...And then stand by to be spending all your time trying to hang on to your firearms. Neither one of the democrats wants you to have them including your hunting rifles. I have not forgotten when cliton was president. It was a daily fight to keep up with all his attempts to regulate firearms into oblivian...Go ahead...Vote for Ron Paul...

#17: Re: American President Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:25 am
    ----
Well, sir, Mr. Bush also has to answer for his lax attitude on immigration on which he has done nothing!! Actually Mr Paul is a moot point as he won't get near the nomination anyway, but McCain is certainly not my choice!! Smile

#18: Re: American President Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:17 am
    ----
As much as I would like to illiminate illegal aliens and stop the leak at the border. And I will agree with you that President Bush did screw up on the border thing including going for amnesty. You will note the the people spoke and it was stopped. Pretty much left up to the next president. Senator McCain just might be controlable...At least he understands that we want the border closed. He still does not realized that we do not want anything to do with amnesty. If President he just might wake up. No one running will. And don't say Sen. Huckabee. He will be out of the running pretty soon too.

Now just who will you vote for. I agree that a lot of us will have to hold our collective noses when we do vote, but the alternitives are MUCH worse then Sen. McCain. To not vote is to insure a democrat is president.

Cliton/cliton are sure to screw things up again. And if you remember reading about Illinois trying to make ammunition almost impossible to purchase and reloading illegal. Aah yes...Osama's state...

#19: Re: American President Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:39 am
    ----
Bushmaster is right, there will really only be two choices when it comes time to vote. Voting for anyone other than the Republican candidate, or not voting at all, only strengthens the position of the Democrat's candidate. Bill Clinton got elected because similar minded people split their votes between Bush and Perot.

Its a game of chess. Sometimes you have to make a move you really would rather not in order to block your opponent's move.

By the way, I'm an independent, not Republican or Democrat. But looking at the history and stances of both parties and their candidates I think there is a pretty clear choice. Neither side is perfect but I prefer NOT to be disarmed and taxed more.

Last edited by Pumpkinslinger on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

#20: Re: American President Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:43 am
    ----
Unfortunately McCain has hired a Mexican diplomat who believes in Mejico first!! Hernandez met Bush and Fox when they were both governors and met them at the same time. Doesn't say much for McCains border policy!!!! As for who I vote for will be a matter of the best available, or hold your nose , vote, and PRAY!!!!! Smile

#21: Re: American President Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:46 am
    ----
Very Happy Just remember...If you don't vote at all...I better not hear you complain. Not one word! Evil or Very Mad

#22: Re: American President Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:17 pm
    ----
I think that Bush will go down as a great President.
He rallied the Country after 9/11, and stayed on course with the War on Terror, even when his poll numbers and his own Party were against him.
Like was said earlier, he has been Gun Owner's best friend.
Could Bush have done better??
Even Reagan could have done better.

Eric

#23: Re: American President Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:43 pm
    ----
Bushie you are aman after me own heart!!! If you don't vote you should not complain!!
Eric, I agree that Reagan could have done better, but then everyone can do better!!! Smile

#24: Re: American President Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:05 pm
    ----
He advocates no restriction on drug use. He believes that we need to pull back all of our offensive moves to stop terriorism in the world and letting the terriorists have at it. If that's not insane, I don't know what is. So, the question is, does a few good positions override the insanity?

#25: Re: American President Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:37 pm
    ----
OntheLasGallinas...You want to put a name to that? Some how I missed something...

#26: Re: American President Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:59 pm
    ----
Buhsie, I was against Hucksterbe from the gitgo!!!!!!! Smile

#27: Re: American President Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:07 pm
    ----
Bushmaster,

I was talking about Ron Paul to vint2 who was advocating his run for the Presidency. I guess I posted it in the wrong area or forum. Sorry for the confusion.

Vint2, I guess we'll just agree to disagree with each other. I found out a long time ago that you can't change a grown mans position on politics, religion, and his favorite calliber.

Truthfully, I'm aginst every single candidate that's running. They're too liberal for me.

Have a great day!

Last edited by OntheLasGallinas on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#28: Re: American President Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:17 pm
    ----
No...You have it in the right place. I just got confused...

#29: Re: American President Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:46 pm
    ----
I don't know that we actually disagree as I don't see anything I like either. Our next president may not even be in the mix yet!!!!! It all depends on what happpens the next few months and at convention!!!! Smile

Vint2, I guess we'll just agree to disagree with each other. I found out a long time ago that you can't change a grown mans position on politics, religion, and his favorite calliber.

Truthfully, I'm aginst every single candidate that's running. They're too liberal for me.

Have a great day![/quote]

#30: Re: American President Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:04 pm
    ----
I still don't think that I will have anybodies bumper sticker on my truck this year.

Maybe I'm getting too old to get fired up, or, after so many years in politics, I'm getting to numb to all the B.S. being spouted by ALL of the candidates.

No normal human would go through all of the stuff that these guys do to get to be President.

They sure aren't doing it for the Country. It's their own egos.

Eric ---THE REAL ERIC THIS TIME Very Happy Very Happy

I look back fondly at my framed invitation to Ronald Reagan's first Inaugural.
Can't live in the past, but those were the good days, and we knew it.

-> Spam-O-Rama