barnes grenade loads
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: barnes grenade loads Author: brianmpLocation: New Brunswick PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:45 pm
    ----
Has any one come up with an accurate load for the 36 grain barnes grenade in the 22-250

#2: Re: barnes grenade loads Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:33 pm
    ----
Welcome to the HuntingNut Forum Brian. Grab a beer mate, pull up a stump and sit awhile....someone will no doubt be along shortly with the info you seek.

Barring that mate....have you checked the Point Blank load list?

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: barnes grenade loads Author: MoraxLocation: Pittsburgh Pa PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:33 am
    ----
hey brian, nice to have ya at the fire!!

accuracy is like barrel vibrition around here, what one person uses may not be right for the next, your best bet would be finding some load data for the round, and working a load that is good for you, all rifles are different, and what may work for one rifle will be inches away for others, some data for you to chew on though is found right on barnes website, heres a link for ya..

www.barnesbullets.com/...tonWeb.pdf

#4: Re: barnes grenade loads Author: FALPhilLocation: Dixie PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:59 am
    ----
I am interested in the Varmint Grenades as well. I am currently working up loads for 50 grain V-Max in 22-250.

#5: Re: barnes grenade loads Author: brianmpLocation: New Brunswick PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:58 pm
    ----
HEY VINCE, DO YOU GUYS STILL HAVE GUNS IN AUSTRALIA?

THE LOADS I HAVE TRIED WILL SHOOT 5 INTO 1 INCH BUT I WANT BETTER.
I AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH BL C2 VARGET AND H335 (LOVE THE MUZZLE FLASH WITH H335.)

#6: Re: barnes grenade loads Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:50 pm
    ----
brianmp wrote:
HEY VINCE, DO YOU GUYS STILL HAVE GUNS IN AUSTRALIA?

Yes mate...we still have them....but they are pretty strictly controlled. Each long arm must be licensed, and the Shooter must have a license. Same same with pistols only they are even more strictly controlled.

No semi auto rifles, pump action shotguns or "assault rifles" and no pistols above .38 caliber from memory.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: barnes grenade loads Author: MoraxLocation: Pittsburgh Pa PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:57 am
    ----
no pump skatterguns? awww man no fun at all

#8: Re: barnes grenade loads Author: Dagrizz PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:16 pm
    ----
Went to the range today with my Tikka Light 22-250 22 7/16 in barrel, Am using Fed 210 primers in winchester brass with 39.4 grns of varget powder. Rifle has Springfield 4-14 scope. Velocity was:
1. 4260
2. 4268
3. 4264
4. 4261
5. 4265

It shot less than 1/2 inch so I am happy with that, now just to fine tune it and get it to shoot the 1/2 at 200 yds.

-> Reloading Ammunition