7MM JDJ
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#31: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:40 pm
    ----
gemihur wrote:
sorry that the schnable resembles a rosy ballsack!

Haha Haha Haha

#32: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:54 am
    ----
pleased as heck Im not the only one who saw it and thought as such...... the first one has a very knob shaped form too LOL maybe thats the secret to maintaining a firm grip????

#33: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: gemihurLocation: Ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Mtns PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:31 am
    ----
I don't know why there's always a resemblance of genitalia to my work

Last edited by gemihur on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

#34: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: gemihurLocation: Ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Mtns PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:37 pm
    ----
Finally, some level of conservative design to my woodwork.

Last edited by gemihur on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

#35: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:55 pm
    ----
I think those forends look great! You did good!

#36: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: gemihurLocation: Ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Mtns PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:09 am
    ----
Thanks, man.
This thread has gone a long way from a guy looking for load data:
benchrest.com/sst/jdj.html
Ya'll have a good 'un and stay inside until this plague passes.
Jimbo

#37: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: gemihurLocation: Ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Mtns PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:24 am
    ----
old thread, I know but Ya'll are really just guessing, ain't ya'?
I shoot contenders religiously.
As far as a 7-30 Waters JDJ ... sounds like a Chrysler Buick!?!
Ken Waters did the 7-30 and J.D. Jones did the 7mm JDJ. Here's loads:
benchrest.com/sst/jdj.html
...oh by the way, the 256 win mag is based on the 357 magnum case with a 25 caliber bullet ... remember the Ruger "Hawkeye"?
The contender opens doors to wildcatting that most guns don't.
357/44 Bain and Davis
30 Herrett
7 TCU ... just to name a few Keep shootin', guys Jimmy

#38: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:14 pm
    ----
256 Winchester!?!? I turn a lot of Super 14" Contender barrels in 44 magnum and 45/70 into a 256 Winchester, as well as 25-20's and 32-20's! All 3 are perfect little cartridges for the Contender!

7X30 Waters, 30-30 Ackley Improved and the 7mm TCU are my favorites!

#39: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: gemihurLocation: Ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Mtns PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:06 pm
    ----
Thanks, Deer Sniper, I have a great appreciation for people that can rework barrels,
Thank you for your service to the shooting sports!

#40: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:30 pm
    ----
Thank you gemihur, I appreciate the compliments, and my pleasure!

And speaking of "reworking barrels" I have had more TCR barrels come through the shop in the past 5 months to build into a different caliber/cartridge combination, than what I have come through in the past 3 years!!!

#41: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: gemihurLocation: Ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Mtns PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:13 pm
    ----
Haven't been back for some time
TCR barrels are in great demand over at Graybeard Outdoors
A lot of old timers are always looking for ones they don't have.
I stick to contenders, that's all I'm prepared to explore
Lots of wildcats been done 'em

#42: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:34 pm
    ----
I took a brand new and unfired TCR 10 ga. and turned it into a bull barreled 357 Maximum, with an exhibition grade walnut stock set, and the most beautiful wood I have ever seen on any T/C rifle!

This rifle has been for sale for the past 6 months, and there has been absolutely no interest in it whatsoever!

Oh well, looks like I just inherited a new 357 Maximum rifle.

I like my Contenders, but the TCR rifles sure come in a close second.

#43: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:07 pm
    ----
so beautiful wood.....NEED to see this ASAP.... will prepare a bid for the drool in advance.

#44: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:26 pm
    ----
The lack of interest is probably because they only make the TCR in 22 rim fire at present. Anyone that is looking for a fine gun the TCR is hard to beat! My brother bought one in 6mm TCU and was disappointed in the velocities. I rechambered it to 30-30/6mm (6mm-30) and he was happy with both the accuracy and the velocity. It is his favorite deer rifle.

That 357 Maximum is a great cartridge - even in a pistol. I own a Contender Super 14 in that caliber and it is great!

#45: Re: 7MM JDJ Author: gemihurLocation: Ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Mtns PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:11 pm
    ----
Resurrection of an old and relevant thread
I'm still out here shootin up the woods
Had a decent season this year, two bucks and a doe
Deer Sniper is still out there working barrels.
Send your wildcat modifications to him.
I can't speak enough to his quality and dedication.
Formerly D&T Precision Gunworks now Precision Riflesmith LLC
Here's a couple new pea poppers

SSK 14" Bbl in 444 Marlin

SSK 14" Bbl in 6x223 with custom furniture
Enjoy,
Jimmy

-> Reloading Ammunition