Respect for others in the forums
-> Important Announcements!

#1: Respect for others in the forums Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:43 am
    ----
Name calling, berating, and overall lack of respect for others will NOT be tolerated. This has been a recurring theme lately between several people over a few different subjects.

I am not taking sides.

When problems erupt and are pointed out to me, I contact BOTH sides and give warnings. Repeated warnings will result in a 2 week suspension from the site. Unfortunately for the first time ever, I have suspended someone for this very reason.

If after reinstatement of an account following suspension, the above behavior continues, the suspension will become permanent.

It is perfectly fine to disagree with people on various subjects, but it must be done in a respectful manner.

Sorry about this... but I dont want to be a referee.

-DallanC

Last edited by DallanC on Sun May 11, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:34 am
    ----
I Agree 100% Dallan. It's ashame you have bin put in this situiation. There's almost 6500 members here now, it has grown alot in the past few years. That has ALWAYS bin a great thing about this fourm we had topics that were discussed in a respectfull manner, thats why the members keep growing here if people don't want to be a respectfull part of our community then they need to go somewhere else, there are a lot of other fourms out there that don't seem to have manners. Well I'm damn glad we do here. Thanks for your efforts you have mine, and I'm sure many others support.
Joe

#3: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: DoublejsLocation: SW Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:11 am
    ----
I also agree 100%.

#4: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: redneckhunterLocation: east texas ,lake of the pines PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:48 pm
    ----
best forum on the internet accounts for a lot !!!
nuff said.......

#5: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: FALPhilLocation: Dixie PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:16 pm
    ----
Does this mean we have to quit telling Canadian jokes in the Humor section? Razz

#6: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:25 pm
    ----
I hope not some of them can be pretty funny. Nothing wrong how I see it with a few jokes. Its all in good fun. Laughing

Sorry Dallan if I'm one of the people who have caused a ruckus.

Dimitri

#7: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:33 pm
    ----
Joe, I agree wholeheartedly with you mate.

Its an uncomfortable feeling to have to take the moral high ground, but its an unfortunate fact of life that it needs to be done sometimes.

I sincerely hope that I have not inflamed anything with my attempts at calming things down a little by being neutral and endeavouring to stick to the facts and not taking a personal standpoint. If I have I apologise and fully expect to get my butt kicked along with anybody else that deserves it.

Thanks for reiterating the rules of social niceties Dallan.

Cheers, Vince

#8: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:00 am
    ----
I'm certainly guilty of continuing a altercation when I should have just ignored it. I appologize and will try to do better in the future.

#9: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:01 am
    ----
You have my whole hearterd support on this Dallan!!! Without respect for each other and others rights we are a sorry excuse and don't deserve the rights ourselves!!!! Well said Joe and Vince!!!!!

#10: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:05 am
    ----
I know what you mean mate - I somehow ended up as a Moderator on a couple of firearms forums & curtailing rudeness is a chore I'd rather not need to do.

#11: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:11 pm
    ----
Good for you Dallan.
You're a much nicer guy than me.
I would have done it a lot sooner than you.

You could have jump on me a couple of times, and I'm about as perfect as a guy can be. Hug Hug Salute Salute Angel Angel

Eric Wave Wave

#12: Re: Respect for others in the forums Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:03 pm
    ----
Hey, sumpin don't jive here, I heard you were called "Errant Eric"!!!! Course you know they call me saint John!!!!!! Smile

-> Important Announcements!