Back from Argentina
-> General

#1: Back from Argentina Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:04 am
    ----
Well, we are now back from Argentina and the son had a great time on the trip. Glad I decided to do this trip and could take the son when he returned fron Iraq. I found out on the trip that he has been requested to return, again, at the end of this year. He loves what he does and really believes in the mission. What we know and hear is nothing compared to what is actually going on.

I am just glad that we, father and son were able to get this done. Below is a photo of his blind. Sorry but no photos of the fine young man.
Best,
Ed

#2: Re: Back from Argentina Author: phill21Location: Western Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:41 pm
    ----
Swampfox glad you did the trip quality time with our kids is important. Smile
All we can do for kids is be there for them when they need us and sometimes that may be the only time we see them when they need us. Smile
post some more photos of your hunt and tell us some more.
All the best to your boy

phil

#3: Re: Back from Argentina Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:59 pm
    ----
Glad to hear ya had a good trip. There's nothing like a day a field with father and son Very Happy
Joe

#4: Re: Back from Argentina Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:50 pm
    ----
Glad you had a good time Swampy.

Your young fella is to be commended for his dedication to his service...but his attitude is very common amongst servicemen.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: Back from Argentina Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 am
    ----
A couple more photos: This is me with my bird boy, Louis.

#6: Re: Back from Argentina Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:45 am
    ----
This is the lodge where we were "camping" It was 27 degrees F this morning

#7: Re: Back from Argentina Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:46 am
    ----
Camping in style: Our room

#8: Re: Back from Argentina Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:54 am
    ----
We did not do any dead bird photos as it is pretty much passe' after the 5th or 6th trip. We did do some photos of Cordoba though with the high rise buildings, Cordoba has a population of 1 million and is the third largest city in Argentina. Cordoba is where we land at the airport for the trip to Arryieto which is about 180 K east of Cordoba.

This is the interior of the main building of the lodge. Ariel Goldman is at the head of the tablke and Oscar Kahan LCB (Le Cordon Bleu) the chef is to his left. The food was fantastic.

#9: Re: Back from Argentina Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:51 am
    ----
Sooo...That's where you went...Had a good time I see...Gained a few pounds too, I bet...

My best to your son and thank him for me for his service to his country...

#10: Re: Back from Argentina Author: phill21Location: Western Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:33 pm
    ----
Nice pics Swampy thanks for sharing
phil

-> General