Another show today...
-> General

#1: Another show today... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:06 pm
    ----
I saw lots of ARs, a ton of XDs and bunches of Glocks, along with the usual guns. There was powder and brass but primers were still a bit scarce and I hardly saw any bullets (of course I usually don't see many bullets at gun shows anyway). Good attendance but not too crowded. Prices on some things looked high, others looked like good deals. ARs were running $1100 and up, although I saw a “civilian” model for $800. XDs were $500 and up. I bought 100 new .223 cases for $28 and 4 pounds of Universal Clays for $78 (taxes included).

#2: Re: Another show today... Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm
    ----
I picked up 4 pounds of W-231 and a thousand WLP Primers at my gun store yesterday. The powder cost me $65.00 and the primers $26.00.

Today I worked my Gun Club's table at a Gander function today, and heard that all primers were hard to come by. Especially .223.

Did you hear anything about this at the Gun Show Mike, or is it the same old sky is falling, self fulfilling prophecy, where guys are hoarding?

Eric

#3: Re: Another show today... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:24 pm
    ----
Eric, the gun shows here recently are generally mobbed. I know guys who are spending their days off driving all over buying all the primers they can find. True, they are creating the shortages they fear. Obviously a large percentage of folks don't trust the current administration, and I can't say I blame them! I sure don't.

#4: Re: Another show today... Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:40 am
    ----
This year Mike, I have more bullets reloaded than ever before, and more supplies on hand I think, that I ever have had.
I don't think that the looneys have time to mess with us, but you never know.

Eric

#5: Re: Another show today... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:02 am
    ----
I am in a funk.

Cannot find any reloading supplies here Cali. Esp CCI SPP. Cabele's has stuff once in a while but I'm not much for shopping on line (no comp at home, this one is at work), plus, the haz-mat fee's are killlers!

Hopefully things will mellow out soon. I've heard several months 'till tings get caught back up due to the war's and panic buying. I'm a little burned out on constantly calling around for powder and primers. I'm taking a back seat for now and taking a break.

Remaining hopeful. And sad.

Sad

-> General