Memorial Day
-> General

#1: Memorial Day Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:28 am
    ----
Let's take a moment to reflect upon this Holiday and remember those who are no longer here. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Memorial Day Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:17 am
    ----
Salute To all our fallen brothers and there familys .

Joe

#3: Re: Memorial Day Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:03 am
    ----
Salute of the day !!! Salute Flag To all those that have served and are serving !!!

#4: Re: Memorial Day Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:36 am
    ----
To those who died for freedom ,we living salute you. Flag Salute

#5: Re: Memorial Day Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:13 pm
    ----
For those that have served in time of conflict take time to remember our friends that never made it home.

#6: Re: Memorial Day Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:20 am
    ----
Age shall not weary them,

Nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun,

And in the morning….

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM…

LEST WE FORGET

Salute Salute Salute

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: Memorial Day Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:29 pm
    ----
This weekend I realized how far from the true meaning of the holiday my mind had roamed. I was missing the BBQ at home, and the great shopping deals when I found a half price swimsuit on-line. Then yesterday, my Monday, I read the article about Matt Maupin in the Stars and Stips and the holiday hit back home to me. I think more needs to be done year round and maybe have it taught more in the schools. It's more than a day off of school and work.

#8: Re: Memorial Day Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:33 pm
    ----
I hope you all had a good time with family and thought about how lucky we are to live in countries like ours. Smile

Dimitri

#9: Re: Memorial Day Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 pm
    ----
I caught the flu and have been sicker than I can ever remember over the past 4 days. Got to watch alot of good war movies and historical shows though about our soldiers.

/salute the great ones, you are missed

-DallanC

#10: Re: Memorial Day Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:35 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
I caught the flu and have been sicker than I can ever remember over the past 4 days. Got to watch alot of good war movies and historical shows though about our soldiers.

/salute the great ones, you are missed

-DallanC

Just keep an eye out ya don't start growing a curly tail Dallan, or get the urge to go rootin' up the grass in the back yard....not nice mate.

Hope you are feeling better soon mate. Take it easy and drink straight OP Dark Rum...its a kill or cure treatment...and after a few nips you don't care either way. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#11: Re: Memorial Day Author: pth1947Location: southern Arkansas PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:19 am
    ----
Everyone rise a glass to those that are FOREVER YOUNG!

-> General