Postal Shoot
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#76: Re: Postal Shoot Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 pm
    ----
Marty!! That's how I feel--it's dang fun to shoot and I wanna try it with a pistol too.

Bushness!! I used a bi-pod not a bun-pod, but I did use my butt for some of my support. By the way, Where's Your Target??? I'd even like to see the armadillo.

Alyosoness!! You peeked. That's not fair. You should try one of these targets. I could send the target into here if you E-mail it to me.

Suz

#77: Re: Postal Shoot Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
I used a bi-pod not a bun-pod,

LOL, good on you Suz!

#78: Re: Postal Shoot Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:34 pm
    ----
SlimJ, notice how they all go away when I smarty-pantz them.

Suz

#79: Re: Postal Shoot Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:37 pm
    ----
Suz, you give this forum some needed character!

#80: Re: Postal Shoot Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 pm
    ----
I saw this target scroll across the random pictures so took a look. Saw it was .204 Ruger than quickly glanced at the name to confirm my suspicions. Yet it was 44marty!!!

This is a 25-shot group with multiple powders! Most of us can only dream about targets like that!

www.huntingnut.com/ind...t=0&pos=32

#81: Re: Postal Shoot Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:16 pm
    ----
"The searchstring is empty"

Yup...Only Marty could do that good. A phantom target.

#82: Re: Postal Shoot Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 pm
    ----
wtf

#83: Re: Postal Shoot Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:35 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
I saw this target scroll across the random pictures so took a look. Saw it was .204 Ruger than quickly glanced at the name to confirm my suspicions. Yet it was 44marty!!!

This is a 25-shot group with multiple powders! Most of us can only dream about targets like that!

www.huntingnut.com/ind...amp;pos=32

Here is the target Slim was referring to:

I had a problem with Hornady 32gr VMax bullets getting the tips chipped or broken with one of my seating dies. I fired them first. Those are the shots inside the marker outline. Then I had a mixed bag of leftover rounds: IMR 4895, IMR 3031, Varget, IMR 4064 and a couple other powders. I adjusted the scope up and right and then fired these 25 rounds to see if they would group fairly close to each other. THAT was a NICE surprise - seeing how consistent the shots were.

EDIT: PS- This was at 125 yards.

Last edited by 44marty on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

#84: Re: Postal Shoot Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:40 pm
    ----
PS- I DID have an actual "phantom target". I was trying out my son-in-law's .300 WBY and pulled a couple of shots pretty badly. We had my WBY and my .204 also at the bench. I took the .204 and shot the 4 tacks holding up the target I had messed up. The target blew away - we never found it - hence a phantom target.

I wasn't shooting well that day. It took 6 shots to nail the 4 tacks.

#85: Re: Postal Shoot Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:48 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Thats pretty good shooting there Marty. Now all ya gotta do mate is try it with a rimfire. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Cheers, Vince

Not really good shooting, Vince, just a really good rifle to do the job with. Anyone on this site could have gotten results at least as good as mine from the bench. The offhand sitting was a challenge, though.

I actually double-cheated. Not only did I use a .204, but the rifle has a 10X to 40X scope.

#86: Re: Postal Shoot Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:39 pm
    ----
Rats! Went to the range today and forgot to re-hang my target and take my final shot. Oh, well. I won't have had a target as sweet as marty's.

#87: Re: Postal Shoot Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:33 pm
    ----
Yes...That may be true, but he cheated and used a fancy-dancy rifle and I'm jealous. All I have is a Winchester with a cheap Weaver scope (3X6).

Still trying to make it work. Haven't given up.

#88: Re: Postal Shoot Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:25 pm
    ----
I'm still tryin' to find the time to get out to the range, let along shooting it again. And now my son-in-law wants me to go out and get my motorcycle license so I can accompany my daughter and him on weekend rides.

Cheers, Vince

#89: Re: Postal Shoot Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43 pm
    ----
I forgot to post a more embarrasing photo of that dartboard target. Tried it with an 1887 S&W safety hammerless at 20 yards and made it to 3, missed on 4. Tiny wedges on the target and tiny sights on the revolver! I may try again at 15 feet.
Still haven't tried it with my S&W 442 snubbie. Shooting double action is pretty tough for precision target shooting.
I think I could do very well with the .44 Mag Ruger Blackhawk, but have other plans for the ammo. (YUM venison!!!)

Dang, those little dartboard segments are so hard to see without a scope. Must be getting old.

#90: Re: Postal Shoot Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:04 pm
    ----
Bushplanter do you have a shotgun?

Suz

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions