The COUNTDOWN begins.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next  :| |:
-> General

#106: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:13 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
They are deliberately bred.

Joe wieghed in at a "moderately heavy" 1800 lbs (give or take a couple).
Bushy,what do you use joe for,work ,show or a pet? He is a fine looking animal.

#107: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:17 am
    ----
I enjoyed his company and rode him in the foot hills of southern USSR of C.

#108: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:28 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
I enjoyed his company and rode him in the foot hills of southern USSR of C.
That sounds interesting,I would say there are some unusual stories in that part of your life.how old is joe?

#109: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm
    ----
Mules are a fine ride! Thanks for the introduction Bushy! I bet one that big is even a finer ride. They have an easier way about them and usually they're pretty quiet animals. I had a neighbor with mules and Appaloosas, they make a pretty mix.

What's the Missouri Red background? Part Morgan?

Suz

#110: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:31 pm
    ----
RoadJockey...If I still had Joe, he would be 20 years old and still in his prime. I sold him just before I left the USSR of C. He was just a might big to fit in my two horse Miley trailer and make a 2000 mile trip cramped in with Cutter. He fit chest to butt with no room to spare. Not a real happy choice, but I know where he is and get reports of him from time to time.

Suz...I don't know. Let me see if I can find out.

#111: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:58 pm
    ----
Well.. I blink and it is now 69!!

How come we are talking horses and mules?
did bushy try to change the subject about his gun?

#112: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:08 pm
    ----
Suz...Joe was concieved from a "jack" and a Belgian mare...

#113: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:41 pm
    ----
Yeow Bushmas I bet he eats a lot too. Those Belgians are about the biggest they get. I remember seein a pulling contest with a matched pair and that's something I'll always remember because we were admiring them after the pull and one put his foot down on my shoe. It was only on the toe of my shoe not my actual toe but it scared me and pinned me there for a while, I started crying and laughing at the same time. I untied my shoe and got my foot out to everyone's surprise, they thought it was on my foot. Just seconds after I got my foot out it started to pee. You can lead a horse to drink but you can't make it water? OH Yeah!? I missed the drench but my shoe got tossed before the ride home. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

I like his bigo nose
Suz

#114: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 pm
    ----
Now here's one I be surprised if either of you, Suz and Bushy, didn't think long and hard about:

Belgian Mare...$1

Cheers, Vince

#115: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 pm
    ----
On a different, well not really, note...here is one of the most beautiful horses I have seen in a long time.

Getting back on topic...wonder if she would make a good Super Bowl mascot?

Cheers, Vince

#116: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 pm
    ----
A beautiful animal, Vince, but the Super Bowl already has their Clydesdales. (hey, I only remember them going across the screen once)

#117: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:24 pm
    ----
great load carrying capacity for sure.
good to see some photos at last.

#118: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 pm
    ----
That, My friends, is a Haflinger. Might get to be 14.2 or .3 hands high.

Sooo Suz. You like his (Joe's) bigo nose.

#119: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:59 pm
    ----
68...getting there.

Cheers, Vince

#120: Re: The COUNTDOWN begins. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:22 am
    ----
Bushy, what happened to the grass?

-> General