Guys, RUOK?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:37 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Now it's off to my "man cave" to listen to good music and clean a coupla guns.

ByTheWay...How's the shoulder this morning? Sure glad to hear you can buck bales again.

Shoulders good- tiny bit sitff n sore but real good considering the pounding I gave it. Now that powders and stuff are available again I can start on my 338 Lapua mag project soon.

Bales are bucked n' stacked boss. Gotta warsh the truck and go get groceries before the fruitcake union store workers here strike and walk out in a few hours over paying an extra 8$ a week or month or something stupid for health care coveage. WTH????

#32: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 pm
    ----
Noted that it was going to rain here sometime after noon. So I dashed out and warshed my truck, rinced it with the hose. And let the rain "towel" it off for me. No residue. Warks fer me... Very Happy

Finished just as the rain started.

#33: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 pm
    ----
Good one! We gotta wiat till the next day for it to rain on a fresh washed truck.

Birds find it right away though...*breaking the barrel open on the Crossman*

#34: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:43 pm
    ----
Seems the RUOK thing is worthwhile but not always effective.
I got home from a week on the beach yesterday afternoon to find out an old workmate had killed himself last Monday.
He has had problems with depression for the last 4 yrs, seems it all got too much for him, no-one saw this comming.
Took the gloss off an otherwise excellent week.

#35: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:50 pm
    ----
Yeesh..sorry to hear that man.

#36: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 pm
    ----
Owww sorry to hear that dhc4ever

#37: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:27 pm
    ----
Dhc4ever....that's a bummer..sorry
I have two friends in Az. that I call every weekend just because of that. Both are alcoholics and both have spoken of killing themselves. Both are subject to depressions (alcohol helps make you that way too) and I figured if I call them every weekend there's an odd chance they'll both get through the tough parts, knowing someone cares. I absolutely hate the thought that anyone thinks killing themselves is the only way out. It's like a woman turning to prostitution because it's the only employment they could find. Sorry that's not on my list of job ideas, and killing myself is not on my list of avenues for improvements.

Well anyway I know they love me and I love them. I've spoken to both of them about their hard times and I usually give them hell for speaking of death. I know I've saved them with my tears and I know they feel better for not going in the wrong direction. If it's in me, then I owe it to them. One thing that helps now is my health. They feel sorry for me. I think they need to feel sorry for someone, other than themselves. I'm always up-beat when I speak to them and they can be belligerent I don't care, just talk, if you can speak then say something to me, and they do.

...you got me goin on a subject
that hurts my very soul
Suz

#38: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:41 pm
    ----
your a good friend Suz.
dhc4ever it will get better sorry to hear of your loss good mates are a hard thing to loose.

#39: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:22 am
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
Just got over a nice atrial-fib episode, woke up dizzy today, but I'm good cause I got T.I.T.S.

Suz

Suz.. thats not good at all. does that happen a lot? I have an idea what you might feel like. Ive lived in paid for many years after a back and spinal cord injury, but I get around good and on most days you wouldnt know I have a problem , with medication helping that is. Then, this last Wednesday at my doctors I was told I have Spastic Hypertonia. Thats what they call Cerebral Palsy in adults. Its apparently not uncommon for it to occur after someones had spinal cord damage as I did when my back was damaged 13 years ago.
About 6 months ago I started getting spasm in my arms and legs, and hyper sensitivity to touch during the spasms too. Along with other symptoms. They've been getting worse and I finally went to find out what it was. Wish i wouldn't have. Cause they dont get better. They continue to get worse, and worse. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to tell my daughters or how they will deal with it. I dont even know how I will deal with it. The pain I could deal with, but this? You cant control it. Could make for some interesting days at the gun range though? lol

well, so far Ive only told my dad, my one brother, and you guys here. I guess thats a start. Its just dont want everyone feeling sorry for me. Doesn't really help things much when you think about it. Feel sorry for my daughters, they will have to see their dad turn into a contorted mess of spasms and pain. I worry about my daughters having to see it.

#40: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 am
    ----
Tell your daughters the truth, kids are more resiliant than you give them credit for.
They will pickup on it and your and your wifes general mood anyway, and they will notice you having spasms.
Its probably one of the hardest things you'll have to do, it was when I had to explain my cancer to my kids.
Do some research, look at your options and available treatments, stay positive, pass that info onto you daughters.
Good luck with it man.

#41: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:44 am
    ----
Suz,
Thanks mate.
My mate and I had drifted apart due to job changes, his depression and my illness and the fact his wife just plain never liked me and never encouraged us getting together. Thats life I guess, doesnt make it any more palatable though.

#42: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 am
    ----
She is my Ex wife. After the accident when I was in the hospital enduring 10 surgeries she was out with a new boyfriend. After the settlement money hit, and I was having another surgery, she took it and booked. To this day I'm still blamed for everything that goes wrong in her life, if the kids dont act the way she wants them to when with her, and , well, everything. So Id rather the kids not pick up on her mood. She may be giddy with joy over it.

#43: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:37 am
    ----
tell your kids the truth mate. they will love you all the more for it. we only get one dad in this life and we need to spend as much time with them as we can. my dad has just had a prostate scare and he kept me informed and Im really pleased he did.your kids will find ways to cope as you will too.
best of luck and stick around we are just getting your stump broken in to your liking and we need a hand with all the extra beers Vince has ordered for ya or we will all get drunk and wont be able to shoot straight.

#44: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:25 am
    ----
dan1dad wrote:
She is my Ex wife. After the accident when I was in the hospital enduring 10 surgeries she was out with a new boyfriend. After the settlement money hit, and I was having another surgery, she took it and booked. To this day I'm still blamed for everything that goes wrong in her life, if the kids dont act the way she wants them to when with her, and , well, everything. So Id rather the kids not pick up on her mood. She may be giddy with joy over it.

Sorry didnt know the maritial status.
I have a couple of ex wives which is why I dont go down to Tasmania anymore, they're both down there.(Couldnt export them to NZ, there's a law about mad cows apparently) Still wear the scars from the first one, so I know where your comming from. Leave her to her problems, they became soley hers when she left. Ignore her and deal with your children as you want, its time to get a bit selfish and look after No 1, you.

#45: Re: Guys, RUOK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:03 am
    ----
Suz the Magnificent wrote:
......you got me goin on a subject
that hurts my very soul
Suz

Suz, you never cease to amaze me mate. I am humbled by your dedication to your two friends. On their behalf, I thank you for being the wonderful person you are.

Pete...I am really sorry to hear of the loss of your mate. The complexities of the human mind, and the strange turns it can take will take the medical fraternity untold years to understand...if ever.

D1D...Elvis has given you magnificent advice mate. Taking your kids into your confidence will make them stronger people because of the trust you place in them.

Cheers, Vince

-> General