Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824108
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

bedding kits
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: bedding kits Reply with quote

Hello everyone, this is just a quick note to let customers know that MatchGrade products are now once again available in North America via Nechako Distributors.
Canadian hunter Paul and his wife Joanne have been long term friends of ours. Paul loves to work on rifles and had been using MatchGrade products for some years. Following our difficulties with NZ air courier services, Paul and Joanne recently purchased a large surface shipment from us.
Nechako Distributors are now shipping MatchGrade products to all North American customers.
Please be sure to visit the Nechako website and then add it to your favorites list for ease of future reference.
www.nechakodistributor...ional.com/
All the best, Nathan.

Scratch
ok guys I have sat on this one for awhile as its advertising of sorts
Nathan,is Nathan Foster of ballistic studies research....the link I put in Vinces 303 thread came from there.
I like this fella,he is genuine and no BULL DUST...tells it as he sees it,has fallen out with and upset some large players in the game by doing so,but has respect of many many more because of the work he does to test stuff out properly.
Im not associated with or recieve and funds from thier small family company,I bought and read four of his books...very elightening and changed my shooting for the better.the bedding kit,Ive bought twice and done two centre fire rifles with...awesome product and the aftersales service is mindblowing......poor fella gets swamped with guys asking silly questions...yet they get answered,so job gets done right.
its a great easy to use product that looks to last the distance.
Elvis.

SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

Missed that bedding link. Got it bookmarked and might just give it a try. Thanks Elvis!

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

Elvis, I looked into this with interest. I found they have no distributors in the US. Their website has no way of purchasing their products. They don't even list a price. You have to send them an email requesting the cost and shipping for the products you desire and they will email you back what to send them.

"There is no "shopping cart" or "check out". It was decided that the additional costs to supply these methods would add an unwarranted expense to the product."

Not the best business model in today's world if you want to sell your product. Penny wise and pound foolish.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

the link in above thread.....IS the guys in USA who now distributing kits.
you cant buy direct from NZ so they chucked a heap over there in bulk for these guys to on sell for you.

slimjim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

I wrote: Do you have a retailer that handles your product in the US?

Their reply: "Unfortunately, no, there are no retailers."

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

you wrote to who????? the message above was an email sent to me by terminal ballistics research.....I copied it and pasted it here.
yesterday I went into above link....in green... it appears to have what you require to order a kit from inside the USA.
I might be missing something but dont think so.

PaulS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

Elvis, the link works and they provide a convoluted way to place an order through email. They review the email and then tell you how much it will cost and then you have to pay using PayPal or another such third party. They are not set up to take credit or debit cards and there is no "on site" check out.
They need to add prices and a checkout process on line to make it easier. Most people don't want to go through a three step process to place an order.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

ok....oh well its there if you want to use it...it is plurry good stuff.
thankyou for taking time to check it out...I thought I was loosing my marbles.

slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

They are actually in Canada.

Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

well thats a lot closerer than kiwiland LOL.

ParsnipPappy
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

Hello to all. Introductions first: my name is Paul, and the Nechako Distributors website is a co-development between myself and Nathan. We bring the MatchGrade Bedding and Stabilizing kits to North America in bulk, by freighter. This was mainly due to the regulation changes and political attitude of many of the international couriers.

In regards to some of the comments above, I would like to clarify our position on our methods of doing business.

First, the website is new, and no doubt there will be growing pains. The products are listed with pricing.

Second, the reason we ask you to contact us for the shipping rates is that the Canada Post site will give you an estimate of your freight costs, but because of the volume that we ship, we get a discount from those quoted rates. We then pass this along to the consumer. We charge our customers what we get charged, there is no profit for us.

Third, yes there is no "shopping cart" or "check out". Personal choice of trying to keep the costs down. As to having retailers, it is my understanding that they would like to make money to stay in business. In order to make it worthwhile for them to sell our products, they would have to add something in the neighbourhood of thirty percent. Not going to happen. These are good products and they should be available at a reasonable price.

Using credit cards adds additional charges, both for a subscription to their services, and a percentage for the use of the card. Some, maybe most, US financial institutions are privately owned, and do not subscribe to Interac, which is by far the easiest way to buy online. EMT is also another method that is so simple to use, but most US institutions don't recognise it for what it is, they simply refuse to do it. PayPal is pretty well universal. You are protected from fraud, I am protected from "bad cheques". I had one customer who preferred not to use PayPal because of their political views on firearms. I am good with that, everyone has a choice and everyone is entitled to their opinion. We did business though, and he is on my happy customer list.

If the members here ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me and I will try to answer to your satisfaction.

nechakodistributors @ gmail.com

I would like to thank Elvis and the rest of you for supporting Nathan's endeavours. He is what the shooting and hunting fraternity has been waiting for for a long time. Kind of reminds me of Parker. If you have the time, check out Terminal Ballistics Research (www.balllisticstudies.com), a wealth of knowledge and experience, freely given to the world.

And thanks for listening to me rant.

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Paul.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and explain your products and process.

As the owner of this site, I also went through the decision to use Paypal or not... and I definitely have had people elect to not use it. Thus far its been a non-issue actually. That may change in the future, but for the present I'm pretty happy with them actually.

Anyway, good luck to you and your endeavors. I have a rifle I am considering bedding, if I get more serious about it I'll give you guys a ring.

-DallanC
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

As Dallan said, welcome aboard The Nut mate. Grab a beer and pull up a stump and feel free to jump in with suggestions or advice from your experience. We are a happy bunch here and thrive on sharing information...and taking the “mickey” out of one another.

I am an Aussie shooter and have given serious consideration to bedding a couple of my rifles, however because of my proximity to NZ, I think it would be easier to search our gun shops for this product, or deal directly with the NZ manufacturer...or sweet talk Elvis into doing that for me. Wink Wink

Good luck with your ventures mate and thanks for explaining your position...I’m sure many will appreciate your position and ideals.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: bedding kits Reply with quote

Paul...welcome Mate...any friend of Nathans is good enough for me.
plurry awesome of you to come along and let folk know how to get ahold of these AWESOME products.
Vince has the beers,sit awile and we will yarn some/spin a few windies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 1 of 1