Don't know about anything else, but I reckon that living through this accident would be enough to stop him farting in Church.
I remember many years ago I visited a range here in Brisbane and they had a 12g shottie on a plaque on the wall that was split down one side of the chamber for about 18"-10"....looked like it had ripped open and been almost hammered flat. The story that went with it said that the guy had run out of his usual powder so he grabbed a can of another powder he had....loaded with the amount he would normally use of the other powder (they didn't say what the two powders were), and because he had also run out of shot filled the case with lead fishing sinkers. He survived but with some pretty horrific injuries.
Hope this guy survived okay....it is one of the nastier accidents I have seen.