Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824939
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Slobs that Shoot
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Slobs that Shoot Reply with quote

Irskii- I never made it out to Lytle creek. 2 reasons, 1- it was a good drive from San Dimas and 2- my friends had gone out there and suggested that if I go, I should take a helmet and flack vest. Not a good place to take kids.
I use to go to Fish Canyon gun range but the range officers started to get more like D.I.'s. I guess they had to considering the types of people that would show up out there.
Our friends bought a weekend place north of Palm Springs. So we would go out there for the weekend and do some 4 wheeling and salt the mountains with lead. It was nice to shoot when you are the only ones around.
Now it's no problem, load the ammo in my shed and go out on the back porch and see how it does and NO trash to walk over.
waumo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Slobs that Shoot Reply with quote

Slob is a state of mind and an attitude. It knows no economic or educational boundary.

I've seen guys that didn't have two pennies to rub together leave a mess of cans and junk at the range and benchrest guys with more money in their guns than I have in a vehicle leave piles of used cleaning patches, targets and trash all over their bench and general area.

Also I have seen good behavior out of every class of shooter. Those who clean up their mess and whatever the last slob left...
Crackshot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Slobs that Shoot Reply with quote

There have been times, at our club, that we spent more time cleaning than shooting.
View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
delboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Slobs that Shoot Reply with quote

Can somebody help me out here.............. what is a "public shooting range"?? Is that where you shoot at members of the public to save having to drive around malls to do it?
Joe............ what you said about picking up brass, You ain't TIDY ..... you are just too MEAN to buy your own!!!!!!! Smile
Del.

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Slobs that Shoot Reply with quote

delboy wrote:
Can somebody help me out here.............. what is a "public shooting range"?? Is that where you shoot at members of the public to save having to drive around malls to do it?
Joe............ what you said about picking up brass, You ain't TIDY ..... you are just too MEAN to buy your own!!!!!!! Smile
Del.

Howdy Delboy. The range I shoot at is in a state forest. It's $10.00 a day or $50.00 a year I get the yearly membership and it's open to any one. They have concrete benchs and swing out wooden seats you have to take your own target stand though. I made one that breaks down into three peices, the targets have to be 4' high and your supose to remove your target stand when finished, you wouldn't believe how many guys leave there trash there. They try and duct tape a card board target stand together and just leave it there when there done. They even have pull off trash bags there ang guy's won't use them. We have tried leaving a broom there to sweep up the brass and every time we do someone steals it Mad . Guys don't no how good they have it here in the US compared to other places. If they had to go through what you do to shoot maybe they would take better care of the ranges. Oh and I'm not too mean to buy brass just cheap Very Happy
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Crackshot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Slobs that Shoot Reply with quote

Thats right Joe! dont know what you have till they dont have it any more, then they wine and cry and wonder why. DUH!

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Slobs that Shoot Reply with quote

A "public range" in the West is an area set aside in the national forest (not the Wilderness) where you can go shoot. It is free and there are no improvements...Bring your own targets. Bring your own TP and find a tree. No shooting benches unless you bring your own. No snack bars, pack your own lunch. And PICK UP YOUR OWN TRASH FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 2 of 2