Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824916
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Moderators!
Important Announcements regarding the website, hunting related announcements etc etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Important Announcements!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Moderators! Reply with quote

I've had a lot of requests from people offering to be Moderators of the forums here. Therefore if you are interested read the below and send me a private message stating you want to be a moderator, and which forums you have interest moderating. If you want to moderate a forum topic that doesn’t exist, I am open to discussing the addition of it.

Moderator Definition:

The moderators are people who make sure that users are following the Forum Rules. They are here to help members with simple questions or problems, help stimulate interesting discussions and to protect members and the forum itself, from those few, who do not want to act as adults.

Moderator Requirements:

To qualify as a Moderator of a forum here at HuntingNut.com you must:

1) Be a registered user
2) Be able to log onto the website at least once a day, or as often as possible
3) Have at least 100 posts in the forums (there are some exceptions to this)
4) Be fairly knowledgeable in the Forum Topic subject you wish to moderate
5) Be friendly and willing to help
6) Have a good understanding of how the forum software works
7) Be reasonably familiar with the other forms of content here at HuntingNut including the Photo Albums, Articles, Handloading Database, PointBlank etc. I don’t expect anyone to understand how it all works, but just that its there and can point people in that direction if appropriate.

Moderator Expectations:

1) A moderator is still beholden to all of the stated rules of the HuntingNut forums, and is expected to be a good friendly role model for others.

2) A moderator's duties will include:

A) Enforcing the Forum Rules among the Forum members, removing offensive content that is against the rules of the website, moving off topic posts to more appropriate Forum Topics, deleting Duplicate posts if they appear.

B) Help promote discussion in forums he is moderator over by taking part in existing discussions and even posting a new threads.

C) Help members with simple questions. Moderators are not expected to help with every little question or problem that is posted, but should be knowledgeable and willing to help in the Forum Topic they wish to moderate.

D) They should also have a good understanding of how the Forum software works, to be able to help others. Examples are posting pictures, replying, using Smilies etc etc.

E) Giving a "Welcome the site!" to anyone you notice that is posting for the first fime or two

3) The moderator has the right to edit or delete members threads or posts, if he thinks that these are not according to the Forum Rules. He is not allowed to edit or delete a thread or a post, simply because he does not agree with its content or the member who submitted it.

Problem messages are to be moved into an Administrator / Moderators only forum to be discussed and resolved. If agreed upon, additional disciplinary action may take place against the original poster.

4) A moderator has not the right to ban a user from the forum. This will be done only after consultation with the other moderators and the forum's administrator.

5) If a moderator faces a severe problem with a member, and he is not sure how to handle it, it is best to bring the problem to the private 'Moderators Forum' for discussion.

User Rights

1) If a user finds his post has been removed, he can inquire to the moderators as to the reason why it was removed. Moderators should be able to give reason why it was removed.

2) Every member who has a specific and documented complaint about a moderator should directly discuss the problem with the moderator himself. If he is not satisfied with the outcome, the member can notify the forum's administrator, with his complain, while concurrently cc-ing the particular moderator.

3) Should a moderator be found to be abusing his authority or breaking rules of this website he may loose his ability to be a moderator (subsequently he will be treated as an invading nutria, strapped to a dam that is wired with explosive and shot with a .50BMG while the explosives are detonated… or so I hear :D)

Comments / Suggestions?

-DallanC

Last edited by DallanC on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Moderators! Reply with quote

For those who have sent me private messages asking to be a moderator, I did recieve them. I will leave it open for a couple more days then I'll compile a list of who wants what and set it up... (also I need to write a quick tutorial on how to actually manage the posts like edit, moving etc etc).

So I am recieving them and so far there arent alot of duplicates although I dont mind if we have several moderators to each forum.

Thanks guys for offering!

-DallanC
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Important Announcements!
Page 1 of 1