Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 825200
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Hunting season
Small Game hunting related discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Small Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Hunting season Reply with quote

Hunting season (the most agreeable weather) approaches here in Aussie. Fingers crossed, they will open our border soon, allowing me to visit the property I hunt. However, no vax = lots of restrictions. But before all this happens, I have to get my head around the fact that I don’t trust these so-called vaccinations…one doesn’t know who to believe when reading about the vaccines as there are so many agendas at play. The unfortunate part is the State Govts will exclude, by law, those from doing many things who are not vaccinated.

I am not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination…in fact I have probably had more vaccinations in my lifetime, because if my time in the Army, than five average people. Advice I have is that I should get the Astra-Zeneca vaccine, but I am unsure of the side effects of any of them. What to do. Sad

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)

Last edited by Vince on Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaulS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

Vince nobody can tell you what you should do. I decided at the beginning of all this vaccine stuff that with the death rate at less than 1% I would trust my immune system to work like God meant it to. I boost it with vitamin D, zinc, and vitamin C. My family spends a lot of time together and with others. My son's family got it and quickly got over it except for his wife who was vaccinated. She was the only one who had to go to the doctor - hospital and she recovered too. 2 girls early teens and my son did fine. My son's sense of smell and taste is coming back. If not for work his wife wouldn't have been vaccinated at all.

You do what your gut or mind tells you to do.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

Im now double jabbed...vaccine made by same folks that make your little blue pills bud...so far so good.
at beginning I looked at it like this,being jabbed wont stop me getting it .
it wont stop me passing it on
BUT it will more than likely keep me out of hospital if n when I do catch it.
dont regret decision,do not like the mandate of pushing it on folks but can see the WHY of it being done......
only time will tell...and unfortunately it has to pass before the answers will be clear.

Aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

Vince, I had my 3rd shot of Pfizer and I'm still not barking as a dog...
for me: when you see the pictures of people in hospitals laying on these machines, I decided to do anything to avoid that.

Compare it with prostate-cancer: many men die with it, but only stupid men die from it...

And in my opinion: when you know Murphy and his laws, why should you just wait and see what's coming when there are ways to avoid or decrease the problems?
Deleted_User_13284

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

Its so screwed up just because you choose what you do with your own body your an instant anti vaxer and your treated like a lepper. Its bs I don't go to church but it doesn't mean I'm anti god I don't own a motorbike but it doesn't mean I'm anti motorbikes I don't get the common flu vaccine so does that make me a double anti vaxer? Its really been interesting seeing humans turn on each other and see peoples real colors. Geez I even had a mate I've known since school send me a text saying that if I still want to catch up with him I need to be vaxed. Sad thing is he owns a business and I know Its sinking because of the lockdown and restrictions over here and I was going to get him some food etc but after that....
RePete

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

My whole family is double vaxed, all 3 within the family. The hold out was my youngest niece who got the second shot about 5 weeks ago. She wanted a normal life, interacting with the rest of the family. We are 3000 miles apart. My brother, his wife , my oldest nice and the twins didn't see her for over a year.

For all of us, the side effects were headache and tiredness.

Everyone is different as to how they react to the shot.

Your body, your choice. I will respect your choice, but you must remember that there are consequences from your choice like not eating in at restaurants etc.

Stercus Accidit = Sh*t Happens in Latin.

Nice try = You Suck spelled different.

My parents spanked me as a child. As a result, I now suffer from a psychological condition known as RESPECT FOR OTHERS.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

northdude wrote:
… Geez I even had a mate I've known since school send me a text saying that if I still want to catch up with him I need to be vaxed.

I have the same problem mate. A guy I have been friends with for the past 40 years said something similar, and called me a fool for not getting the vaccine. We have been like brothers all this time, but then this b@st@rd Chinese virus has pretty much destroyed the relationship in a blink of the eyes. I suppose that it hasn’t helped that his wife is a Police Officer and been assigned to guarding the quarantine facilities, and putting up with all their bullshite.

But, the desire to go hunting this year, or early next year, will win out and I will have to be vaccinated.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Deleted_User_13284

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

Crazy Ive never seen so much hatred and divisiveness over someones personal choice. Im actually a bit worried what gets pushed next now that they have guaged the amount of compliance and who stands for whos rights. We actually have 2 classes here now and our pm admitted that on friday. I never thought id see new zealand go this way but after the last few years it dissapoints me to truthfully say im not surprised. So much has gone on behind this smoke screen it wont surprise me if we end up a third world country. We are in a position now where we are at the mercy of other countrys for basic things we can do here. No disrespect but what our Anzacs fought for we have just freely given away what a slap in the face for them...
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

well ACTUALLY.......IF people just shut up about it..either got jabbed or dont and live with choice and consequenses there would be no hatred,arguments,devision....... my daughter went in and got first jab today,I had quiet word in her ear last week...told her how painless it was for me (2nd one didnt know it had happened) was straight up about being tired as hell after 2nd one.....and left her to make her own mind up.

I dont agree with the no jab no job BUT can see why its being pushed....why should employer pay out 4 weeks sick leave or more for something that couldve been avoided????
none of us have a chyrstal ball,so none of us KNOW what future will hold..... we makes our choices and lives with them.

I agree the way this country has headed under current leadership (or is it rudderless ship) the constant undermining of values we grew up with is wrong on so many levels.this 3 waters thing spouted today is VERY bad news.....wee tad worried our rates bills will go up.

Deleted_User_13284

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
northdude wrote:
… Geez I even had a mate I've known since school send me a text saying that if I still want to catch up with him I need to be vaxed.

I have the same problem mate. A guy I have been friends with for the past 40 years said something similar, and called me a fool for not getting the vaccine. We have been like brothers all this time, but then this b@st@rd Chinese virus has pretty much destroyed the relationship in a blink of the eyes. I suppose that it hasn’t helped that his wife is a Police Officer and been assigned to guarding the quarantine facilities, and putting up with all their bullshite.

But, the desire to go hunting this year, or early next year, will win out and I will have to be vaccinated.
My wife works in the mental health industry on the front line. There's stuff going on that doesn't make the papers its really bad out there and a lot more suicides than they are letting on. It just gets poo pooed buy the people that don't have anything to do with these people but are the experts...
RePete

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting season Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
well ACTUALLY.......IF people just shut up about it..either got jabbed or dont and live with choice and consequenses there would be no hatred,arguments,devision....... my daughter went in and got first jab today,I had quiet word in her ear last week...told her how painless it was for me (2nd one didnt know it had happened) was straight up about being tired as hell after 2nd one.....and left her to make her own mind up.

I dont agree with the no jab no job BUT can see why its being pushed....why should employer pay out 4 weeks sick leave or more for something that couldve been avoided????
none of us have a chyrstal ball,so none of us KNOW what future will hold..... we makes our choices and lives with them.

I agree the way this country has headed under current leadership (or is it rudderless ship) the constant undermining of values we grew up with is wrong on so many levels.this 3 waters thing spouted today is VERY bad news.....wee tad worried our rates bills will go up.

I agree. Well stated.

Stercus Accidit = Sh*t Happens in Latin.

Nice try = You Suck spelled different.

My parents spanked me as a child. As a result, I now suffer from a psychological condition known as RESPECT FOR OTHERS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Small Game Hunting
Page 1 of 1