Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824170
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Ebay tightens restrictions!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WrzWaldo
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Anyone buy bullets or brass (or any other gun parts) from ebay?

www2.ebay.com/aw/core/...00452.html

forums.ebay.com/db2/th...5835627385

I have created an online petition in an attempt to sway the powers that be over at ebay to rescind these new restrictions.

If you want to sign it go here --> www.petitiononline.com...ition.html

I encourage non ebay users to sign this as well because it is yet another slap in the face to the shooting sports community!

Thank You

Kevin
Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Ebay and Paypal (owned by the same people) have always been anti gun, this is just another slap on the face, was suprised it took as long as it did to cut out pretty much anything to do with firearms. Smile

Dimitri

rdncktink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Why don't they just simplafy things by saying "we're afraid of being sued so nothing to due with guns is alowed anymore"

Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Its alittle more then that I think, I think that they just plainly are anti-guns.

Dimitri

roklok

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

They have always been anti-gun, I think their latest position is a good thing,it will help keep shooters and gun owners dollars from funding an anti-gun establishment. Use Gunbroker.com!!!!
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

roklok wrote:
They have always been anti-gun, I think their latest position is a good thing,it will help keep shooters and gun owners dollars from funding an anti-gun establishment. Use Gunbroker.com!!!!

That's exactly the reason I've never used ebay. I had a paypal account a long time ago, but have no use for either.

I guess ebay is ok with the loss of revenue.

I will not be signing your petition.

Sorry Kevin.

jeh7mmmag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Looks like Mitt is in the circle of friends

www.mittromney.com/New..._Committee
Morax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

yeah use gun broker so you have to pay more than what something is worth, or cant find what you are looking for, or jump through hoops and pay people for not even doing anything because the seller dont know the laws. its all crap. ebay was the only place i could find certain brass and certain bullets and if they remove this them they must remove EVERYTHING else that could possably be used for a weapon. as soon as you say "I am not going to help" this leaves the door open for others to come in and take more of our liberties away...
tracker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Know what guys? I don't buy anything on the 'net, not even in the for sale section here, thats just me. I know the guy in the gun shop across the street. We go for coffee together. It's a family business, been there since mastadons were walking past kind of place, old plank floors, brick walls, knowledge...experience, friendliness. My family's not from around these parts but the guy's dad did business out of the same store with my buddy's father-in-law.... I just feel better about it, might cost me a bit more, but I'm ok with that too.

Crackshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Mad Mad Mad Me and the Wife just cancelled our ebay and paypal accounts! This is rediculouse! They have made a small fortune from me and the wife in the last few years.

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

Morax wrote:
yeah use gun broker so you have to pay more than what something is worth, or cant find what you are looking for, or jump through hoops and pay people for not even doing anything because the seller dont know the laws. its all crap. ebay was the only place i could find certain brass and certain bullets and if they remove this them they must remove EVERYTHING else that could possably be used for a weapon. as soon as you say "I am not going to help" this leaves the door open for others to come in and take more of our liberties away...

I guess I just have a different perspective on this. I don't view it as a "slap in the face" at all. I think Tink was on the right track, this is a financial decision, not a moral one. The fear of a lawsuit, and the settlement of such a case(not to mention the bad press they would get)is driving this decision. Lets not forget, ebay is a business and must show a profit.

If they're OK with not allowing people to list certain things, and are willing to lose the profits related to these sales, I personally don't have a problem with that. I'll find someone who is. If the local beer store decides not to sell the brand I want, so be it. I'll find someone who wants my money!

I know I'm gonna take a LOT of heat for this one!!

Morax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

true but now if the beer store starts carring nothing but those wine cooler things and still running ads of get all your drink here dont you also think something is wrong with that? i have the problem with the entire fact of removing all things because of one persons idiocy, and also removing other items assoc. with a sport but not connected to the incadent being used.. what i mean is the whackjob bought clips thats all. fine remove the clips. he didnt buy brass bullets barrels stocks triggers or nothing else.
roklok

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

I will say it again, I think it is a good thing. I was always amazed at how much buisness the shooting community gave an anti-gun establishment. I bought one item from ebay a while back, but have been tempted by many more. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite, I dont know. I have done a lot of transactions with Gunbroker and have been happy. I hope everyone who lists items related to shooting on ebay will now list them on Gunbroker, as there were some hard to find items on ebay from time to time.
Crackshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

I realy dont give a crap about ebay, the wife was more botherd by it than me! I sell on GunBroker and they are not picky and let you sell ALL the goodies assoceated with the shooting sports. Very Happy
I sell lead, guns, and reloading equipment & supplies. And I aint ripping any one off! Wifes been ripped off a few times on Ebay. Mad

WrzWaldo
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay tightens restrictions! Reply with quote

hunterjoe21 wrote:
roklok wrote:

That's exactly the reason I've never used ebay. I had a paypal account a long time ago, but have no use for either.

I guess ebay is ok with the loss of revenue.

I will not be signing your petition.

Sorry Kevin.

No need to be sorry! Very Happy

I wonder why they allow the listing and sale of items that are not legal in all 50 states?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2