Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 825005
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

I think I've got an addiction
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete4d

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

. I think I've got an addiction Scratch Very Happy ,,,, With all the madness happening in the USA and the rest of the world ,,,,
. I sat down and did a little inventory of my supplies Scratch Just trying to make sure I have what the family my need on down the road.

31 different Powders , Some I've tried and didn't like , others more than a few pounds.

20 diff. Bullets for 8 calibers that I mostly load mostly .224, 30 , 40 ,458

18 diff. caliber dies and have loaded over the years ,

few thousand primers in diff. sizes , but haven't loaded any pistol calibers in years so guess Scratch what didn't have any small pistol primers and they're no where too be found , luck did have it that I found by research that I can use small rifle primers in a pistol but not pistol in a rifle different thickness for higher pressures.

I've never seen any thing like the run that's happening on Ammo and reloading supplies. Cheers Flag Cheers

When the SHTF I'm gonna hunker down until all those idiots kill each other. up-date

The secret to enjoying life is to never take it too seriously, as you will never make it out alive!

I'm on the watch list are you ?
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

What? No food?

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
pete4d

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
What? No food?

Bushy ,,, Got the food covered , finishing up the garden and canning this week ,just need couple more bags of okra in the freezer (coon-ass in me) . Them home grown tomato (heirloom verities) sandwiches were great this year.

When the SHTF I'm gonna hunker down until all those idiots kill each other. up-date

The secret to enjoying life is to never take it too seriously, as you will never make it out alive!

Gil Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

I hate it when that happens. Well done! The future belongs to those who prepare for it. All the best...
Gil

pete4d

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

Gil Martin wrote:
I hate it when that happens. Well done! The future belongs to those who prepare for it. All the best...
Gil

We're going though some trying times,The Good Lord willing We're Gonna Win....

PaulS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

I keep a running inventory on EVERYTHING.
Water, food, first-aid, clothes, guns, ammo, reloading gear, reloading components, tools, and even auto parts. My wife likes to call it junk - until her car needs something or she wants something made. When toilet paper disappeared from store shelves she was worried that we might run out. I opened the cabinet and showed her the spares I had put away. We still had toilet paper long after it came back to the store shelves. I just picked up new packages each time I went to the store until my stash was filled. She brought home some extra and went to put it in my hide and it wouldn't fit. We laughed.
I learned young that life could be unpredictable so I try to stay ahead of it.
I'm with Gil, the future belongs to the prepared - as long as you have the means and will to protect what you have. Smile

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
English Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

I'm fine for food, medicines & fuel.
Enough clothes to last a lifetime.
Never ran out of bog paper, as I always have more than 6 months' worth stored.
Ammunition's restricted due to laws but components aren't, so I'm at my limits on ammunition in all four calibres I have (.22rf, 22-250, .243, .270) plus limitless shotgun ammunition.
Demonstrating the silliness of our restrictions are the 18 different types of .224, 14 types of .243 & 11 types of .270 bullets, several thousand primers & primed cases, copious amounts of sized brass & enough powder to put everything together in short order, all sitting ready.

I do however need to make some more bacon & sausage - not because it's in short supply but because mine is so much better than even premium store bought stuff.
pete4d

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

Mike ,,,, I'm working on the same level ,,,, last couple of days I've cleaned , sized and primed a little over 200-5.7x28mm . 250 -40 s&w , 400-5.56 still waiting on some bullets to come in before starting the loading. Extra powder should be here Wednesday next week.

Man some of the companies I order from have gone crazy on the hazmat fees. any where from 12.50 - 38.50 plus shipping, yet you can order loaded shell with no hazmat fee , does that make sense Scratch Cheers Cheers

5string

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I've got an addiction Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
Ammunition's restricted due to laws but components aren't, so I'm at my limits on ammunition in all four calibres I have (.22rf, 22-250, .243, .270) plus limitless shotgun ammunition.
Demonstrating the silliness of our restrictions are the 18 different types of .224, 14 types of .243 & 11 types of .270 bullets, several thousand primers & primed cases, copious amounts of sized brass & enough powder to put everything together in short order, all sitting ready.

Hi English Mike, what are the ammo limits in the UK, is it by weight or amount?

Larry Norman -"Readers Digest"
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 1 of 1