Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824915
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

older guys and "stuff"
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

Well some time back I sort of inherited a lot of stuff off mate in poor health,lots of firearm stuff,top end reloading gizmos etc.also some hand tools and odd bits n bobs.....18 months later most of it has found home on my shelves and still 2 boxes left cluttering reloading room...one day.

then good mates Mum passed away and he brought around half dozen pails of paint for me (love paint to play with) and few garden tools,3-4 boxes of bits n bobs.... that too found home on garage floor.
last week we went past wifes Dads place,we knew we had alloy ladder to collect,he asked how much room we would have on trailer on way home???
well there was none as he off loaded a deck load....
more garden tools,some electric tools,drills,sanders,drop saw....then there was boxes of hand tools....I had to poke heap more screws on wall for all the ring spanners,ring n open enders and double open enders (dont know what else they called?) 3 hole punches,2 pop riviters,files rasps...and while we were sorting them we found box from mates Mum still unsorted and it had heap of hand tools in it too...now got 12 cresant spanners,some actually ARE cresant brand too,from 6" right up to 18" more claw hammers than a building site,ball pien and tack plus some metal working funky smaller ones,wooden mallet 2 rubber ones....and we only half way through sorting it out......
I said to wife,her grandparents both long passed will be sitting in the clouds,Pop will be laughing his head off,third generation still sorting his "stuff" and Nan will be scolding him merrily (oh how I miss that old bird,we used to give each other stick,I would get her so flustered she wouldnt know what to say "oh Michael!!!" would be it)

so you fellas...PLEASE go out to sheds and make a start,label boxes with whats in them...your kids will thank you for it when you shuffle off,and it would kill me after Im dead (yeah yeah I see irony of that) to have good stuff chucked out as no one knew what it was.

Deleted_User_13284

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

Good story but are you sure your not a hoarder Razz
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

3 pitch forks,3 garden forks,4 shovels,3 spades,3 sets hedge clippers,another 6 steel splitting wedges,4 axes,2 tomahawks,2 socket sets,two electric current testing light thingies,2 multimeters,5 oil stones.......
I reckon its because most of us went through some very lean hard times when younger...heck I can remember when my tool kit was a 2nd hand pair of pliers and screw driver,got a socket set for Christmas and thought I was king farook..... now Ive got 2 and spare parts.
there is also 3 lots of the 1/4" drive sets that have multiple heads ,they suit me very well as arent strong in wrists due to old injuries,one of the handles is a T shape which is ideal for me.....funny having all these screw drivers as 90% of the time I use square headed screws and use cordless drill LOL.

Deleted_User_13284

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

If its all old stuff it wiil be good quality stuff as well not chinese sh#@
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

50-60 allen keys,now in single container,twice that amount of drill bits.
not only 3 power drills,we now also have complete set of manual drills...the small ones we used in school,like an egg beater,the big version of same with pad on top like a butt plate,and third , a brace n bit type....

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

northdude wrote:
If its all old stuff it wiil be good quality stuff as well not chinese sh#@

The stuff coming out of China is made from a metal alloy I call Chinesium…in other words…it’s crap of the highest order. What they call carbide is about as soft as mild steel.

Good score with the bits and bobs Elvis. I feel sure that you have good friends who need bits and pieces themselves, and it will make your mates heart happy to see it go to a good home.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

your not wrong there Vince....the older hand tools are great quality...one of the cresants has a star socket in the ring on end...simple thing but a really good idea....maybe new ones should have it in 13mm or 10mm and they are always the ones that go missing ....
had thought today,I can convery a couple of flat blade screw drivers into square heads...poke in vice,cut of end and reshape with file.....may as well have use for them.

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

All that stuff out of china has a very distinct and odd smell to it...

-DallanC
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

bat poop perhaps???

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: older guys and "stuff" Reply with quote

After helping my friend's widow sort out all of his shooting/reloading stuff I'm being more conscious of sorting and labeling my stuff. Parts laying in drawers are now going into labeled zip lock bags, etc. It may all go to the dump someday but at least they'll know what it is!

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 1